Tuesday 8 January 2008

The "Me" manual

I'm an introvert (self-acclaimed cos something in my warped mind likes the sound of it) who keeps reminding herself about the necessity of turning extrovert cos life is too short. I love literary stuff, If I had a 20-pound, "any- store" gift voucher, I'd probably pick "White teeth" by Zadie Smith and "Half of a Yellow Sun" by Chimamanda Adichie over the bright and sparkly top on the TopShop mannequin. I do love clothes though; dominant genetic trait of females the world over (Oui)!

People I like to meet:

1. Anyone who is able to extract meaning when I open my mouth, from words heavily laced with my mild stammer.

2. Anyone who derives perverse pleasure from making life seem even more complicated than it already is. Essentially, people who prefer to say "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" rather than "Romeo! where are you?

3. Anyone who is able to decipher how I coined the word listed below as my "AFFLICTIONS 1".

4. Anyone who is able to laugh at their own self, especially when faced with seemingly hopeless situations. Aptly christened "inverted humour" by me, regardless of the suitability or not of that term!

5. Anyone who has the presence of mind to actually admit they love food in a way that makes Cookie-monster (my alter ego) from Sesame street look like an anorexic.

6. Anyone who craves fulfillment with every fibre of their being as much as I do.

7. Anyone who has the funny habit of dancing crazily in front of the mirror to very loud music (in the privacy of their bedrooms, of course, lest they risk gracing the cover of "The Disturbed Mind" a monthly publication in my native language).

8. Anyone who's able to read the entire content of this Me-manual and draw one and only one conclusion - "ECCENTRIC" (again, just because something in my warped mind likes the sound of it!).

Interests:


Considering the short span of most of my interests; a classic example- Learn foreign language: French (1 hour), I'll stick with creative writing cos it's never gone away.

QUEST: Those rare "light-bulb-flash" A.K.A. Eureka! moments, cos they make life a little less puzzling.

DIS-INTERESTS 1: Being woken up from sleep by a phone call; ringing mobiles have a sadistic way of cutting you off from sweet dreams, plus triggering my migraines simply from waking up startled!

DIS-INTERESTS 2: Vending machines that fail to keep their own side of the bargain.

AFFLICTIONS 1: Tricho-love-mania (Compulsive-obsessive and often extreme love for ones own hair).

AFFLICTIONS 2: Late-O-Syndrome, in layman terms, haven't got a punctual bone in my body.


Music I love:

Music from artistes with raspy (Amy Winehouse,) soulful ( Jill scott, Floetry), raspy & soulful (Alicia Keys) and nostalgia inducing (ABBA) voices.


Favourite book
:

Cattleman by R. S. Porteous, 1962
I'm currently into classics (added cunningly to induce impression of intellectualism, ha!).






7 comments:

rethots said...

Half of a Yellow Sun is sure an interesting read (short of which my copy had 20pages missing, ouch!). ABBA voices, a great one.
...and He whispered; "I have added to your joy this new year."
Happy New Year.

Jaja said...

Interesting eccentric.

La Reine said...

Maybe its cuz your blog seems to be my blogs aesthic twin.
Or because you mentioned Floetry and ABBA in the same thought.
Perhaps its the way the wind's blowing, but I hope you haven't abandoned your blog.

-and the History channel's site is full of links, bio's and the like for the Ted Bundy's of this world

Take care

Waffarian said...

Well, I'd sure like to meet you!

Ms. Catwalq said...

well, it is nice to meet u....and the ones you seek abound blogville...

Atutupoyoyo said...

Woman where is thy muse?

Your readership awaits thee.....

Afolabi said...

ha...this post made me smile, and is still making me smile, still. It seems u're comfortable with urself..and I admire that.