Monday 7 January 2008

Super spandex costume...

I happen to have a fascination (alright! I'll rephrase that), I happen to have a morbid fascination for the mind of criminals.

For those of you who share my fascination, WORD OF ADVICE- publicly admitting this is certain to cause shock, heart palpitations and other adrenaline-rush related health risks to human beings located within your immediate vicinity as at time of your admission, no matter how innocent your honest little remark might be. Trust me, tried and tested (BINGO)!

Anyways, I’m genuinely interested in understanding what makes a person snap, hinders them from differentiating between right and wrong to commit the most heinous crimes so horribly gut-wrenching they would even shock Satan! I mean, what's the actual divide between Sanity and Insanity? Psychosis and
Normal?

For me, the best part about crime is the "whodunit" mystery and the piece-by-piece process of unraveling the puzzle (a drop of blood, hair fiber, finger print, DNA) the suspense always leaves me shaking with anticipati
on, I reckon there IS something mildly therapeutic about actions and reactions.

Then eventually, after seemingly endless cycles of deductive intuition, the "a-ha!, Gotcha!" and final attempts to seek closure by analyzing the motives behind the crime and VOILA! the Manson family, Jack the ripper, Menendez brothers, Fred & Rose West, Ted Bundy etc. are unearthed. Check www.crimelibrary.com for all the gory details.

Beautiful! I've decided that if there's such a thing as an After-life, I'll come back as an FBI agent: a crime-busting super cop, I wonder if they'll allow me wear my customized spandex costume a la Spiderman.

This is beginning to sound like a career workshop!

4 comments:

Atutupoyoyo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atutupoyoyo said...

I have always been attracted to the darker side of the human psyche. There are infinitely more avenues of exploration to be found there. I hate stereotypical 'good' characters as they bore me. Yes there is much to be said of the criminal mind.

Customized spandex costume? I think this blog just got an R rating.

Flowers and Poetry said...

@ atutupoyoyo, thanks for visiting. I agree with you, as perverse as this may sound, the darker side of man sometimes reveals what is probably his most captivating and inventive facet.

R rating?! LOL

Anonymous said...

now we know you...we want regular updates o jare