Sunday 6 January 2008

Irony

Winter-time, I'll paint the picture as I see it:


1) Modified wardrobe: Coats (make that THICK coats), and "Onion" haute couture (layers upon layers of clothing).

2) Deceitful Sun: all brightness, NO warmth.

3) Red-nosed look: mandatory "fashion accessory" (from sniffing so often).


4) Over-worked alarm clocks: you really don’t want to get out of bed most mornings, basking in the sweet embrace of your faithful lover; Delilah-the -Duvet.


5) Ice cream turnoff: It just doesn't tempt you as much as it used to, not even Thornton's triple scoop raspberry swirl- vanilla caramel- chocolate fudge. (Except of course for the die-hards amongst you, myself inclusive).


6) Fantasies: you begin to wish there was such a thing as battery-powered electric heating coats and jackets in fuchsia-pink, turquoise-blue, bottle- green and all your other favourite colours. And yes! Duracell does make rechargeables.


7) Love affairs: your passion for your room heater and/or radiator becomes deeply intense.


Bottom line is that who'd have thought I'd ever (desperately) LONG for those precious moments in Nigeria when I wiped my brow in frustration from the evil, blazing, scorching sun. So ironic...

2 comments:

Atutupoyoyo said...

LOL. I disagree on one count. I find ice cream is a treat for all seasons and there is a very guilty pleasure to be had in scoffing some in the wintery months.

Onion haute couture. I will nick that.

Waffarian said...

@flowers and poetry: That was so true especially love affairs with radiators!

@atutupoyoyo, hehehehehe me too!